Getting Started with Google+ Custom URLs
A custom URL is a short, easy-to-remember web address that links directly to your profile or page.
For example, YouTube's Google+ page can direct people to google.com/+YouTube to visit their page rather than https://plus.google.com/115229808208707341778.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can get a custom URL for your Google+ account or page. This means you can choose one of the custom URLs Google preassigns to your Google+ profile or page. Depending on the preassigned custom URL, you may also need to add a few letters or numbers to make it unique to you.
Requirements for getting a custom URL
Before you can get a custom URL, your account needs to be in good standing and meet the following requirements:
Eligibility for People:
- Ten or more followers
- Your account is 30 days old or more
- A profile photo
Eligibility for Local Google+ pages: Must be a verified local business
Eligibility for Non-local Google+ pages: Must be linked to a website
Getting your custom URL through Google+
If you meet the above criteria, you'll see a notification at the top of your Google+ page or Profile.
- Click Get a custom URL button to get started. Alternatively, from the "About" tab on your Profile, click the "Get" link located under your Google+ URL.
- You'll see the URL(s) you've been approved for. If you see more than one option, select the one you like best. You may also be asked to add a few numbers or letters to make the custom URL unique to you.
- Check the box to agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click Change URL.
- We may ask you to verify your account by your mobile phone number. If you need to do this, you'll see a box pop up asking you to do so.
a. Enter your mobile phone number.
b. Check the box to make it easier for people who have your phone number to find you on Google services.
c. Check your phone for the code that was sent to you.
d. Enter that code in the box.
e. Click Verify.
- Once approved, this URL will be linked to your Google+ page or Profile, so be sure everything is exactly the way you want it. Once your URL has been approved, you can't request to change it. When you're certain, click Confirm.
Pro-tip! If you know someone's custom URL, you can quickly access areas of their Google+ Profile or Page by adding key words to the end of the URL. Some examples are:
Change your custom URL
If you want to change the capitalization or accents/diacritics of your custom URL, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Links" section of your Google+ profile.
- A box will appear allowing you to make edits to the formatting.
Remember, you can only change the capitalization or accents/diacritics of the URL, not the URL itself.
If you find a custom URL that violates our policies, please see this article on reporting a profile.
For more: https://support.google.com/plus/answ...claim_url&rd=1