Thread: How do I let people know my new email address?

ΑΡ Credit

How do I let people know my new email address?

I've just changed ISP after many years and I need to let everyone know that I've got a new email address. What's the best way to do this? Is it even possible? I don't know how long I'll be able to access my old mailbox. I'm not a big fan of webmail but I've set up a Gmail address to use in conjunction with my new Plusnet email.

ΑΡ Credit
    Your old ISP may let you check and receive email on your old account for quite a while, though you might not be able to send new mail from that address. Find out if there's an auto-reply function (like an 'out of office' reply) on your old account, so that you can let people know your new address in an automatic reply. There might also be an option to forward mail automatically to your new address.
    Have a look at Google's Mail Fetcher tool, which is built into Gmait, I use it to consolidate email from several accounts into one Gmail inbox, and it works really well. You can use it to centralize messages from up to five other email accounts, whether they are Gmail accounts or not.
    To set up Mail Fetcher to collect mail from your old account. it needs to have POP access enabled. Google also recommends checking the server name and port with the account's provider, so see if you can get this information from your old ISP (it's usually available on the website, in the support pages).
    Next, set up Mail Fetcher in your Gmail account. Click the cog icon, select Settings, click the Accounts tab, find where it says 'Check email from other accounts (using POP3)' and click 'Add a POP3 mail account you own'. Enter your old email address and click Next Step.

If this all works with your old email address, you can then set it as a custom 'From' address. This lets you compose messages in Gmail but have them appear to be sent from your old email account.
    For full instructions, see Centralize mail from different accounts with Mail Fetcher