Thread: Printing photos from Corel XS are very dark

ΑΡ Credit

Printing photos from Corel XS are very dark

I have recently installed Windows 7, which does not support my beloved Corel 10, installed in XP. My printer is an Epson Stylus Photo R300 that prints perfect photographs from Corel 10. Photos printed from Corel XS (Home and Student Suite) in Windows 7 are very dark and color adjustment is unhelpful.

Advice from the web has not helped using different settings. Photos manipulated in XS and saved as .cdr in 7, then opened in 10 in XP and printed are perfect. Is there anything that can be done or is it money wasted? Your advice would be much appreciated.

ΑΡ Credit
    Hi Joseph H Higuchi, Sadly, Coral 10 simply isn't compatible with Windows 7 (and also has problems with Windows Vista and 8, by all reports), so there’s no official program fix as such. Some users have found that you can try running the program in compatibility mode for XP by right clicking the shortcut and selecting the compatibility option under Properties. This may help but in not guaranteed.

Name:  XP compatibility mode is free from Microsoft run legacy applications.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  51.0 KB

Perhaps the best solution, however, would be to use Microsoft’s XP mode, which is available on Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate. This is a free download from Microsoft that lets you run a version of Windows XP virtually on your copy of Windows 7. This was provided by Microsoft as a migration and compatibility solution for programs that simply do not work on Windows 7. You can find this at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...e-in-windows-7