Thread: Can we redirect different domain to our main

ΑΡ Credit

Can we redirect different domain to our main

Can we redirect different domain to our main site for example main website is abc.com and i purchase cdf.com and redirect this with first one. is this ethical?

ΑΡ Credit
    yes, you can do it..
    google also allow this thing too... after redirection you can change the domain in google webmaster tools to index new domain pages.

ΑΡ Credit
    but may be this thing impact badly on branding? what do you say?

ΑΡ Credit
    Google doesn't allow that. EMD update was strictly against hijacking keywrods based domains and then redirecting them to your main domain.Search at Google about EMD update and read what Google said.

ΑΡ Credit
    There are still examples where people have bought domains and redirected them to a main domain. I can drop you the URL too if you guys are interested in finding more about it but not here. The URL is a recognized hosting company in US and they are following the same practice and ranking for some of the most competitive keywords. It sounds unethical though but you can do it but there's no guarantee of getting caught.

Btw: @lindsey why you want to redirect your main domain to a new one?

ΑΡ Credit
    Actually new domain name is being search many times in month and my main domain is kind of unique and branded however EMD are relevant to my main domain. I think this thing impact badly on branding. What if keywords based domain words are relevant to your main domain and your main domain is rich in quality?

ΑΡ Credit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lienia henna View Post
    There are still examples where people have....
    ^This is exactly what can get you penallized. E.g. if ABC.com starts using another domain XYZ.com and redirects it to ABC.com just to pick the keyword.

"Google frowns on practices that are designed to manipulate search engines and deceive users by directing them to sites other than the one they selected" - Google

"Having multiple domain names targeted at specific regions or cities that funnel users to one page" - Google

link - http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en